SThe OIG FOIA Requester Service Center handles all requests for OIG information pursuant to the FOIA. All requests for records must be submitted in writing via mail, email, or facsimile. For investigative and personal records, please refer to Before Making a FOIA / Privacy Act Request before submitting a request.
Please include the following information with your request:
- Today's date
- First and Last Name
- Address (street, city, state, and zip)
- Telephone number
- Fax number (if available)
- E-mail address
- Identify your requester category below which will help to determine any appropriate FOIA Fees to be charged for the request:
- Commercial Use Requests
- Educational Institution Requests
- Noncommercial Scientific Institution Requests
- Representatives of the News Media Requests
- All Others Requests
- Finally, describe in detail the records requested. Please provide as much information as you have available to you such as, audit report number, inspection number, investigation report number, program area, etc.
If you seek records about yourself or a third party, you or the subject of the request must provide certification of identity. To do so please complete a certification of identity form and provide it with your request.
FOIA/PA requests may be mailed, emailed or faxed to:
Office of General Counsel
Office of Inspector General
U.S. Department of State
1700 North Moore Street
Arlingon, VA 22209
Email: [email protected]
Fax number: 703-284-1866
Please contact OIG’s FOIA Requester Service Center with any questions, including status updates about your request or general questions about FOIA, at [email protected].